Act to regulate the sale and use of electronic cigarettes; Make electronic cigarettes not subject to the British laws derived from the Tobacco Products Directive; And used for association purposes.
With the approval of the Parliament, Her Highness, the most outstanding Queen, is willing to promulgate the following at the assembly place of the Parliament, at the suggestion of the incumbent members of the Senate and the civilian members:
1. Electronic cigarette: deregulation
(1) The Detailed Rules for the Implementation of Tobacco and Related Products in 2016 (S.I. 2016/507) are amended as follows.
(2) Withdraw Part 6 (Electronic Cigarette).
(3) Withdraw Part 7 (electronic cigarette advertising).
(4) In the title of Article 47, "and electronic cigarettes" are omitted.
(5) In paragraph (8) of Article 47 (cross-border and long-distance sales of tobacco products and electronic cigarettes), "electronic cigarettes or filled containers" are omitted after "tobacco products".
(6) In article 48 (Offences), subparagraphs (d) and (e) are omitted.
2. Power to make corresponding and further provisions
(1) Any regulation or enactment (other than the regulation as amended by Article 1) imposing restrictions on the matters specified in paragraph (2) on electronic cigarettes or supplementary containers shall cease to have effect.
(2) The matters referred to in this paragraph are - electronic cigarettes or filled containers
(3) The Secretary of State may make further provisions in accordance with Article 1 of the Ordinance and paragraph (1) of this Article.
(4) Regulations made under this section shall be made by statutory instrument.
(5) A statutory instrument containing regulations prescribed under this article may be repealed by a resolution of the House of Representatives.
(6) For the purpose of this article - "electronic cigarette" means a product with the following characteristics-
(a) A device that can be used to fill containers and storage tanks (whether the product is disposable or refillable) with nicotine vapor (or rechargeable device disposable cartridge) consumed through a cigarette holder or any component of the product (including cartridges, cartridges and equipment without cartridges or cartridges), and
(b) It is not a medical product or medical device; "Supplementary container" means a container that:
(a) Containing liquid containing nicotine that can be used to supplement electronic cigarettes
(b) It is not a drug or medical device.
3. Scope, beginning and abbreviation
(1) The Act was extended to England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
(2) The bill came into force on March 30, 2021.
(3) This Act may be called the Electronic Cigarette (Regulation) Act 2020.